Miner Detail

Successful Sodality Service

Back to Article
Back to Article

Successful Sodality Service

Sodality Members collecting donations for the Thanksgiving Food Drive. Photo courtesy of Jackie Cavilia and Bishop Manogue Yearbook Staff.

Adrianna Osmetti, News Editor

Sodality is Manogue’s women’s service group advised by Mrs. Kearney and Mrs. Sexton. In the last month, the group has been busy organizing  a Thanksgiving Food Drive for Sister Carmen’s food pantry at Our Lady of Snows Catholic Church and for families served by Holy Child preschool.

The food drive was very successful with thousands of cans and boxes donated to struggling families in the community. Sodality held a competition to challenge each first period class to bring in the most food, and Mr. Satalick’s 1st period was victorious with a whopping 243 food items!

To help supplement the donated food, Sodality also held a $5 Halloween dress-up day. Manogue’s students showed exceptional support, with more than $1,600 donated to the worthy cause. This money was used to help 80 local families buy diary, meat, fresh produce, and baby supplies by dividing up the donations into grocery store gift cards. Gift cards were also given to needy families at the Paiutes’ Natchez Elementary School at Pyramid Lake.

Sodality members delivered all of the donations on November 8, via Bishop Manogue’s music trailer. Thank you for all of your generous support in giving struggling families a happy Thanksgiving!

Adrianna Osmetti, Editor-in-Chief

Adrianna is a senior at Manogue and this is her second year on the Journalism staff. She has also been a Miner TV newscaster for the past three years,...