Interact Club Hosts Warm Clothing Drive

Valentina Ossio-Marin, President of the Interact Club, pictured next to the drop-off bins outside the Chapel. (Photo Courtesy of Miner Detail Staff)

Adrianna Osmetti, News Editor

The Interact Club is holding a Warm Clothing Drive to help the students of Anderson Elementary school from February 1st through March 1st. They are looking for new and gently used children’s warm clothing including jackets, sweatshirts, scarves, hats, and gloves. The students of Anderson Elementary live within a mile of the school and walk to and from the school each day no matter the weather.

This is a class competition among Seniors, Junior, Sophomores and Freshman, with a prize for the winning class. Students who bring in a jacket plus one small item, or four small items instead, earn one Service Hour. The drop-off bins are located outside of the Chapel and are divided into four bins according to class. Please donate!

The Interact Club is the high school version of Rotary and works with the local Rotary group to organize different service projects. This is a global organization with the motto, “Service Above Self,” and members are offered opportunities to travel, study abroad, and participate in leadership camps such as RYLA. Think about joining this amazing club next year!