Girls Basketball Looks Unstoppable Through First Half of Season

Milasarai Tau, Staff Writer

The Bishop Manogue, Girls’ Varsity basketball have taken over the North in the first half of their 2021-2022 season. After losing last basketball season to the pandemic known as Covid-19, the Lady Miners have defeated every team in Northern Nevada by an average of 36 points a game. Through hard work and dedication, the Girls’ have a record of 8-4 overall (7-0 against competition in the North and 6-0 in the division) earning the right to be the number 1 ranked 5A team in the North, under Coach Sarah Ramirez.

This is Coach Ramirez’s first season with Bishop Manogue and her and the coaching staff are off to a fantastic start. The Lady Miners play Damonte and Reed High school before they begin the second half of their season. Varsity Girl’s expect to dominate both teams and take the victory! The team has been putting in hard work during practices in order to improve their overall game, with the goal to repeat their winning streak and make it all the way to the state championship. Coach Ramirez believes this team will hang Manogue’s next banner! They certainly have the wins and the grit to back this claim up! As the team continues to prepare for their opponents, fellow students and parents are excited with anticipation for The Lady Minors to ball-out and top the scoreboard at their next game on Wednesday, January 18, 2022 at 5:15pm against Carson High. We support you, Lady Minors! Let’s Go Manogue!