Sebastian and Ryder Take the Win at the MTV Spikeball Tournament this Week

Amanda Yount, Staff Writer

The MTV spikeball tournament culminated in a thrilling conclusion this last Tuesday as the broadcast journalism students competed in the finals for the title of Spikeball World Champions. After a fierce battle, Sebastian and Ryder emerged victorious, claiming the tournament in the final round.

The day started off with Zane and Cole playing Alex and Kate in the semifinals. A lack of communication and practice hindered Alex and Kate from the very beginning of this high stakes match, so Zane and Cole ended up taking the win 11-4 to move on to the finals. Tensions were high for the championship round as Zane and Cole prepared for their rematch against Sebastian and Ryder after a heartbreaking loss to them last week 12-10. The two rivals traded points back and forth until the score was 7-6 with Zane and Cole in the lead. However, the game took a turn when Sebastian and Ryder buckled down and won 11-7. Cole said after the match, “these guys are like spikeball gods” when asked to share his feelings on the competition.

Next week, the footage of the legendary tournament will premiere on Miner TV at 8 AM. Exclusive behind the scenes content will be included, so you can see what your favorite players were doing while they were off the court. Exclusive interviews and bonus content from the tournament can also be found on the Miner TV Instagram: @_minermedia.