Summer Baseball Season Kicks Off

Amanda Yount, Staff Writer

The Bishop Manogue baseball team is jumping straight into their summer season after their victory as regional champions this spring season. However, the Miners are playing as the Athletics for the summer because high school baseball can’t extend into the summer, so the teams have formed an independent travel organization specifically for their summer season.

There is an A team made up of the varsity players, a B team with the JV players, and a C team with middle schoolers preparing for high school baseball. The B team is playing 40 games within the next 38 days, starting off their summer season on May 22 with exhibition games against Carson High school and two victories in these games. Their season will include two tournaments in Boise, Idaho and another in Twin Falls, Idaho later in the summer. The B team is currently playing a tournament at the Manogue fields against most high schools in the area. This program is managed by the head coach of the A team, Coach Oppio, and the B and C team is led by Coach VanTress. B team pitcher, Nolan Yount, commented on the summer season by saying, “summer is an exciting opportunity to get more playing time for people who don’t play as much in the regular season and to improve our game. God bless America and Jake VanTress.” Just because the regular baseball season is over doesn’t mean we have to give up going to Miner baseball games, so show up and show your support this summer Manogue!